Saturday, April 08, 2006

Famous Quotes

The following quotes are attributed to a famous world leader. I believe the SPIRIT of these quotes exist in the present leadership of The Church of God. Carefully consider these quotes and see if you see some of the attitudes expressed in our situation. Give me some feedback, I am interested.

For those history buffs out there see if you can guess who said these quotes. They are all attributed to one person BTW.


"How fortunate for leaders that men do not think."
"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think."
"What luck for rulers, that men do not think."


"The great strength of the totalitarian state is that it forces those who fear it to imitate it."
"The leader of genius must have the ability to make different opponents appear as if they belonged to one category. "
“It is not truth that matters, but victory”
"Success is the sole earthly judge of right and wrong."
"Strength lies not in defence but in attack."


“By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise”
“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it”
"The broad masses of a population are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force."
"The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one."

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like Adolph Hitler to me.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adolph Hitler...Gomer Pyle.
I see the military connection.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Automaton said...

We have a winner...

While I am NOT equating the present leadership in TCOG to the "Third Reich" I am saying there is too much similarity in these quotes and the present leadership's attitude.

But take heart, "The French Resistance" is still holding firm.

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do I get? I am a die hard history buff. I have the History Channel on my remote memory. The one thing that we learn from history is that we never learn from history. I agree with your coralation between the two.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Automaton said...

Well let's see what would be appropritate...

1. Mein Kampf by James Nabors
2. The Final Solution by Ralph Lester
3. An all-expense paid trip to the IN/KY/OH region (Bishop Danny L. Carter, Overseer) affectionately known as "The Warsaw Ghetto".
4. A short tour of the Headquarters Facility and Zion's Hill entitled "The Bunker"

For the over-sensitive out there I apologize I just can't pass up such a chance...

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want the trip to the Warsaw Ghetto. It's actually beautiful country. And I love the people.

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...I've been to "The Bunker." Not that impressed. You see...the new switchboard receptionist isn't very attractive. I am not into sloppy unkept elderly men...
Did I say that out loud? I forgot to turn off my brain's speakerphone.

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, Auto...have you seen "Conspiracy?" It is a movie about the meeting which took place at Wannsee, Germany. There, the leaders of the Third Reich settled the question regarding "The Final Solution." Well, it was settled for them by Reinhard Heydrich and Adolf Eichmann. It stars Kenneth Branagh and Stanley Tucci. It is a great movie for any history buff.
Two thumbs up!!
Quote from the movie cover...Conspiracy is based on the only surviving record of that meeting. It would be the blueprint for Hitler's "Final Solution."

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Anonymous said...

...I've been to "The Bunker." Not that impressed. You see...the new switchboard receptionist isn't very attractive. I am not into sloppy unkept elderly men..."


I thought Ralph Lester was only the State Overseer to Tennessee.

It appears he's now the Chairman of the General Headquarters Secretarial Committee, the Chairman of the General Headquarters Bull-Dogial Committee, and he's now personal body guard to the General Overseer.

I don't mean to jump to conclusions, but it appears to me that the persona he portrays needs to be brought into check. Other Bishops need to challenge his blatant disrespect. He's disrespectful and rude no matter where he is, or what company he is in. His smart-ellic tendencies need to be addressed as well.

We are to operate in Love. Not in sheer haist, or in a "steam roller" myntality.

What a disgrace to The Church of God.

2:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with it all.
You forgot Reich Marshal Lester...
Lester? Doesn't that rhyme with jester? As in court jester?
He is the poster child for what not to be as a bishop. Never pays attention to a service. Always looking around to see if anyone is watching him. I have watched him since around 1980-81. Watched him in the assemblies. Trying to get noticed by Bro. Tomlinson. One of those who hears everything and listens to NOTHING.

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heard "the black widow" is coming to this area to speak in "the sits" ladies retreat. She spoke at Tennessee's retreat and the ladies came home bent and battered. She propogates HQ homage, even if they're wrong! (her own words) Wake up!

"Come into my parlor said the spider to the fly!"

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heard Jackie Z., Sis. Cannon, and the black widow were present at the ladies retreat. They had 13 in attendance. That's what I hear. I just pray that God will fix all of this. I love these sisters and I miss the love we had in The Church. I know God will help us!

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home